Growth in New Mexico: Impacts and Options by Ken Hughes et al.
Carrizozo Works’ Marketing Plan:
The Carrizozo Works, Inc. marketing plan supports the Town of Carrizozo LEDA and interfaces with the economic development ordinance voted by the Town Council of Carrizozo. The purpose of this plan is to increase the community’s understanding of the resources our community has and can offer within the community and regionally to new residents and businesses; to build awareness of Carrizozo Works, Inc. and to promote Carrizozo and the surrounding area as an ideal place to expand, locate or relocate a business.
Through a comprehensive marketing plan, Carrizozo Works anticipates it will attract businesses to Carrizozo while maintaining the current business atmosphere in the town. Also it is anticipated that awareness of Carrizozo as a community will be raised throughout the state and country.
- This website will be kept current with general information regarding the organization and the Town of Carrizozo.
- CWI will develop cooperative advertising relationships with other community and economic development organizations in the area as well as membership presence and participation in these organizations. A list of these organizations and contacts will be developed and maintained.
- In conjunction with the Certified Community Initiative and Partnership New Mexico, CWI will acquire a list of target businesses to which we will direct mail an abbreviated fact book along with information about assistance available through the Rapid Response Team and other local and state organizations.
- CWI will develop a comprehensive list of print and electronic media, costs, contacts, deadlines, and other appropriate information regarding these media to assist in determining appropriate advertising placement. Print media will include information about small and large scale business opportunities in Carrizozo, New Mexico and the surrounding area. Also included in this media will be all the information about Carrizozo Works, Inc., a “who we are” approach.
- CWI will participate in the New Mexico Department of Tourism matching grant funds program to promote Carrizozo.
- CWI will participate in conferences, tradeshows and industry conventions as opportunities arise. It will focus on industries that the organization and the town have identified as an appropriate target industry for relocation/development in Carrizozo, NM. In addition, we will participate in education workshops focused on vocational training and again identify trades that can and will be taught within the vocational venue here in Carrizozo, New Mexico and incorporated in businesses that may and will locate in Carrizozo, NM.
- KOAT TV, P.O. Box 25982, 3801 Carlisle Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87125, 505-884-7777
- KOB TV, 4 Broadcast Plaza SW, Albuquerque, NM 87104, 505-243-4411
- KRQE, 13 Broadcast Plaza SW, Albuquerque, NM 87104, 808-283-4227
- MTD Radio, 1086 Mechem Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345, 866-707-2346
- KBUY, 1096 Mechem Drive, Suite 230, Ruidoso, NM 88345 , 575-258-2222
- KVLC, 101 Perkins Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88005, 575-527-1111
- RUIDOSO NEWS, P.O. Box 128, 104 Park Avenue, Ruidoso, NM 88355, 575-257-4001
- ROSWELL DAILY RECORD, P.O. Box 1897, Roswell, NM 88202
- ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL, 7777 Jefferson Street NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109, 505-823-3802
- EL PASO TIMES, P.O. Box 20, 300 N. Campbell Street, El Paso, TX 79999, 915-546-6100
- YOUR HOST NEW MEXICO, Post Office Box 11841, Albuquerque, NM 87192, 505-268-1792
- STEPPIN’ OUT, 616 Nicholas Avenue, Socorro, NM 87801, 505-838-0784
- SOUTHERN NM TRAVEL HOST, 4504B West Second Street, Roswell, NM 88201, 575-637-2366