Home in Carrizozo!!
Here in Carrizozo we enjoy the peace and quiet of a rural, but modern, town. CWI is working hard to develop the economic environment for Carrizozo to provide jobs while maintaining a small town culture and values.
Below are just a few of the resources and unique opportunities that enrich life in our little town.
Carrizozo Music provides a variety of free concerts and festivals in spring and summer. It is associated with CWI and offers many opportunities for musically talented citizens to share their gift.
Other popular local events
- Nogal Arts Festival (April)
- Renaissance Fair (April)
- Carrizozo Day of the Cowboy (biennial-June)
- Carrizozo July 4th Fireworks & BBQ
- Smokey the Bear Stampede and Rodeo (July)
- Lincoln County Art Loop (July)
- Lincoln County Fair (August)
- Carrizozo Street Fair (September)
- Motorcycle Rallies in Ruidoso (October)
- Women’s Club Hoedown and Crafts Show (December)
- Luminaria Display (December)
- Telecommunications providers: Plateau, Verizon, Tularosa Basin Telephone Co–Tularosa Communications Inc–4 Tiers of DSL plus T-1 Commercial.
- Natural gas provider: Zia Natural Gas
- Propane distributor: ServiGas
- Electricity providers: Otero County Electric Co-op and Public Service Company of New Mexico
Clinics and Hospitals
- Carrizozo Health Clinic (medical and dental)
- Lincoln County Medical Center (in Ruidoso)
- Rose Clinic (in Capitan)
- Corona Clinic
- La Casa Family Medical Center (in Hondo)
- Tularosa Medical Center